Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Cool Tip: Get free shipping on your $75 order on the K'Nex website.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Cool Tip: Use the "five steps to a time out," reminding parents and caregivers exactly what to say from the first warning to apology, to maintain consistency.
Like this post? You may enjoy this too...
Monday, January 19, 2009
Smart Tip: Teaching the inauguration? Education World, always a favorite, has a few great last-minute lessons.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
1.Donate by text: Text "SHARE" to 20222 on your mobile device to donate $5.00. AT&T will match all text donations up to $100,000. Help them meet this challenge grant!
2.Hold a food drive: Beginning January 19th, a national day of community service, help feed those in need by holding your own community food drive. Visit Share Our Strength to find a food bank and a list of the most needed nutritious foods.
Smart Tip: For more information about "Operation No Kid Hungry" and how you can help end childhood hunger, visit Share Our Strength's website.
Friday, January 9, 2009
- Where to Get a Pop (Candy Stores): Visit Cool Baby Kid below, The Not-So-Blog Blog (Love), Ohana Mama (Friend), Suzy Q Homemaker (Mentor) and From Dates to Diapers (Cute) to get popz.
Registration & Prizes:
- Register Your Pop & Enter to Win: Register the popz you give and receive by completing this form. You can check current standing anytime on the Standings & FAQ page. Seven prizes will be awarded: Most Popped for the blogger who receives the most pops in each category and Biggest Poppers for the two people who distribute the most popz. Biggest Poppers receive first choice. Choose from Valentine's Day gifts for either you or your little sweetheart, including:
Moms *Heart* Chocolate: Red Thread Confections Gift Certificate
Passionate Mom Gift Pack: Tees for Change Live Passionately Long-Sleeve Shirt & Mom Works Inc. Red Bundle with Long Sleeve Tee & Cinch Sack
For Your Sweetie: Doodlebug Dezigns $25.00 Gift Certificate
Boyfriend/Girlfriend: Your choice of complete Zutano outfits (boy or girl) from their Baby Basics line worth nearly $150.00.
Bubblecakes for Babycakes: Bubblecakes Baby $45.00 Gift Certificate
Grand Prize: Corky and Company Coats at KidsCoats.com $250.00 Shopping Spree
Favorite Pop Candy Store
Cool Baby Kid is your source for the Fav! pop. Give to all of your favorite bloggers. Complete any one of the following to "buy" your pop, and be sure to leave a comment with the name of the blog you're giving it to. Leave a separate comment for each Fav! pop you take and remember to register your pop in order to be entered to the "Biggest Popper" prize. Once you complete all five you can take unlimited pops! Give your pop (widget) by sharing it (click "share" in the lower right corner) with your favorite bloggers any way you'd like. I share by emailing them the direct link with the subject line, "You've been popped."
- Blog about Blog Popz. Leave a comment below with a link to your blog and the name of the blog you're giving the pop to.
- Add the Blog Popz widget below to your blog and leave a comment with the link to your site as well as the name of the blog you're giving the pop to.
- Subscribe to Cool Baby Kid via RSS or email and leave a comment saying "I'm a subscriber" as well as the name of the blog you're giving the pop to.
- Become a Cool Baby Kid Follower and leaving a comment "I'm a follower" with the name of the blog you're giving the pop to.
- Share this post leaving the comment "I shared" with the name of the blog.
Now start popping!!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
So how's it going after a month? As I suspected, it is enhancing our learning time, especially with the toddler, in ways we couldn't imagine. Previously having spent most reading time reading aloud to her, now my daughter is actually participating in the process. While the baby is interested in the videos and will sit through them, my 2.5 year old is visibly reaping the benefits of watching the videos and working with the supplemental books daily. Your Baby Can Read recommends watching the video and reading the book, in our case the Starter set, twice each day. As working parents, this is not easy to fit into our daily routine. But here's the schedule we've been able to maintain: video in the morning in the car on the way to the sitter's, video after school, book as a part of the nighttime routine, and flashcards in the diaper bag for when we are on the go. As a result, we aren't always able to make recommended viewings/readings, but it's working!
After one month my daughter can read and recognize many of the starter set words such as "hi," "arms," "dog," "elephant," mouth" and "eyes," "toes" and "gorilla" among others. Our favorite though is the "My First Words" window book, a supplement to the program, and a nifty way to see words, actions and pictures all together. So far so good! And if you know someone thinking of purchasing Your Baby Can Read their Deluxe TV Offer Holiday Special Kit gives a discount if you buy two programs. Check back with us next month as we start Volume And if you are using the program, comment here and let us know how it's going!
Smart Giveaway: Enter to win a starter DVD by leaving any comment on this post about the Your Baby Can Read site. Click here to find out how to increase your chances. Include your email address in the post. Contest ended.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Cool Giveaway: Enter to win a Prima Princessa DVD by leaving a comment on this post about the DVD video clip on their site. Click here to find out how to increase your chances. Include your email address in the post. Contest ends 12/21/08. Contest rules apply.
Like this post? You may enjoy this too...
All content © 2008 Baby Kid Blogs | Design by Gisele Jaquenod